Clearly presented results
Simulation results such as 3D graphics, diagrams, and tables can be shown in multiple views and can be displayed in selectable levels of detail. This means that results can be evaluated reliably in order to allow an optimization of cast components and casting processes.
New software architecture secures future developments
The new methodology that MAGMA5 provides is mirrored in the software architecture. Technically, the software is built on a completely new platform and, as it is also modularly extendable and scalable, it offers development potential for the coming years. Due to standard interfaces that allow the free import and export of data, MAGMA5 can be completely integrated into the user’s work environment.
With MAGMA5, new hardware and operating systems offer new opportunities. MAGMA5 is fully native Windows compliant and runs on 64-bit Windows operating systems, offering the advantage of greatly increased memory access. For Linux users, MAGMA5 is available for the current SUSE and RedHat Linux Enterprise distributions. MAGMA5 supports multi-core architectures effectively. The combination of MAGMA5 and the latest hardware (Core i7/Neharlem CPU) results in a reduction of simulation times by up to a factor of 5.
With the currently released MAGMA5 Version 5.0 all important sand casting processes are supported. The simulation of permanent mold and die casting processes including gravity die casting is available with MAGMA5 Version 5.1.
MAGMA5 in a compact overview:
- Comprehensive project management
- Solid modeling with a CAD kernel as well as import and export of CAD data (STL, STEP, CATIA, Pro/E)
- Automatic mesh generation of the geometry within seconds
- Comprehensive process description with direct access to all process steps and the related simulation definitions
- Completely new capabilities for the prediction of: mold filling, burn-on and penetration, local microstructures and properties of aluminum alloys, thermal stresses of the cast component for all production steps
- Interactive and automatic result evaluation
- Comprehensive database for all required data and properties of casting processes and materials
- Available for 64-Bit Windows XP, 64-Bit Windows 7, 64-Bit RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, 64-Bit SUSE Linux Enterprise 11